Wednesday, March 7, 2007

But I Don't Wanna Be An Adult



Here are more pictures. One of the fireplace in the corner of the living room. We would like the home to have a rustic look so we are putting stone all the way to the ceiling.


Here is a picture of the back of the house. Yeah for the walkout, it is one of the things I am looking forward to in the new house.

Here a picture of the skylight in the stairwell. The stairwell did have any natural light in it so we added a skylight and put railing up to make the stairwell not too dark.

I have started freaking out about the house a little bit. I think it's crazy that we are moving into a new house. Houses are so expensive in Calgary. Plus it is going to be so much work. Darryl and I had a funny conversation the other day. Sometimes it amazes me that I am moving into another house and that house is not my parents. Not that I ever plan on moving back into their house. It's just strange that I am an adult and don't depend on them for a roof over my head. Even though we've lived in this house for more the 5 years there are times I walk up the stairs and amazed that this house is ours. Darryl on the other hand never feels this way. It is normal to him to grow up. Just not normal to me. I can't believe we will have to go to lawyers and pay bills and find a mover. Even though we did all of that when we moved into this house it seems to adult to be doing it again.

Enough of my babbling. I'm going to put some pod casts on my ipod for my road trip tomorrow.

Sorry Darryl I turned your technical house, woodworking blog into a Jenn's thinking blog.

Jenn

No comments: