Sunday, March 18, 2007

Few changes, sorry no pics

Sorry Lori! (I'm a poet and didn't know it!)

Sorry everyone for being such a slacker! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures that are any more recent than what Jenn posted last. You can picture this though, it's the same as those except the electrical is finished and we have a concrete front step (one of those pre-cast ones) and a garage door.

At the moment we're in a waiting state. We're waiting to be booked for our framing/electrical walk-through but we can't have that until one more contractor has been there. That contractor is the company that will do the network, phone, cable, and speaker wiring. It's causing us to be pushed even further behind schedule. In this case, no news is bad news!

In my recent walk-throughs I've noticed a couple minor things that need attention. Minor in that, before drywall goes up these things can be easily changed. What's wrong you ask? The electrician missed a pot light over the island (directly over the sink) and centered the 3 outlets for the hanging lights over the center of the island rather than more towards the extended counter. The central-vac rough-in isn't complete in the basement either, needs to be connected all together yet. Oh well, these are the things that the framing walk-through is supposed to cover anyway.

In the meantime, the pause in progress is allowing Jenn and I to start our plan for the spring to prepare our current place to be sold. Lots to do on that front. We're patching little dents and knicks in the walls in preparation for painting. We've scheduled Home Depot to come in and replace the playroom carpet as it was peed on by Emma a long time ago. Starting to go through shelves and what-not to figure out what's to be moved, sold, recycled, and garbaged.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update

Anonymous said...

I read the update first thing this morning when I got to work but the silly I.T. department has made changes to our internet access and it blocked me from making a comment.

I'm delighted with the update but I would like to send my sympathies because I know the delays must be frustrating. It's a good thing you are keeping tabs on them and that you know more about construction than the average Joe so that you can have the builder correct the mistakes while they're easy to fix (ie: before the drywall goes up).

Lori