Monday, August 13, 2007

Complaining

So I don't know if anyone actually looks at this blog anymore because it has been abandoned, but I ma going to refer to it from my original blog, so here is my complaining.

So the reason there have been very few updates on the house is because basically NOTHING has happened. We have been waiting for our cabinets ALL SUMMER. In mid June they told us it would be 4-6 weeks before they were delivered, then another 6 weeks to finish up flooring etc. And we would be in the house. That would have been this week. So the cabinet company is at least 6 weeks later then they said they would be. So we call once a week to check with our builder, Cardel, they contact the company and say oh it's coming next Tuesday or on Friday or whatever excuse they come up with at the time. The thing is I don't know if the cabinet company is feeding us a line or the builder.

The big problem is our house now is up for sale. Who knows when we will get an offer, and if we take it, we may have no place to live. (Which is not necessarily true, but I don't really want to move twice)

So when our builder calls us this week we are going to go postal and demand that he do is job and find us a proper date that these cabinets are coming. He needs to talk to the people who are making them, or the people who are shipping them. Go down there himself and look at them, because this is ridiculous.

I'm usually pretty nonchalant about stuff but enough is enough.

Till Next Time, and hopefully a better update.

Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying for you
it is ridiculous
I think you should jump up and down a bit about it

Lori Aitken said...

Jenn,

I do check on this blog about once a week. I actually checked it on the day you made this post but it's taken me awhile to get a "turn" on the computer so I could comment.
I'm sure that you must both be supremely frustrated and since I've never been through the building process, there really isn't anything I can say to make it any better, other than I'll keep my fingers crossed for a speedy resolution.
Don't be afraid to get really irate with them...you've been patient for weeks (months) longer than you should have had to.

Good luck!
Lori

Goofball said...

Yes I still come by here as I can relate since we also renovate since 2 years now. For us it is finally coming to an end.

When building, you always deal with delays...we had 4 months delay on the delivery of our windows. Very frustrating indeed. I can understand you!

You definately must stand on your rights! If you don't do it, other customers might and they'll get priority! It is surely good to have things on written. Ask for written confirmations from the builders as well...so you can proove that they don't keep their promises!

Go girl, it'll be allright. Soon enough you'll be enjoying your brand new house! It's great to live in a new house, trust me!At that moment you'll forget today's worries!