Monday, February 12, 2007

Progress? Hard to say

On Sunday evening Jenn and I were headed to Jenn's parent's place for dinner but before dinner we dropped Lucas off at their place and went to see the house. It's hard to say whether there was progress since the last visit I made on Wednesday, since I hadn't walked through then. We did last night and the entire first floor is framed. Interior walls and all. Also, the joists are up for the second floor, but no sheathing or rim joist. It's interesting to walk through when there is no drywall. Jenn has said and so has my Sister that it seems small. I'm sure everything is okay and it's exactly how big we expect it to be, it's just weird.

Pictures are on Jenn's new cell phone so I'll have to post again later tonight when I get a chance to get them off of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry...your house isn't small! There's just some weird optical illusion about being able to see through the walls that makes a house under construction seem smaller than it is. Maybe it's because your only frame of reference is the floor. Neither the walls or the ceiling defines the space until the drywall goes up, but when it does, it will be like a magic trick...all of a sudden the house will look just like it should.

Can't wait for the pics!
Lori