Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Big truck in the way!

Went by the house on the way home from work today. Did stop, didn't take any pictures and there was a big dump truck in the way with a large number of workers, working on the crazy large bungalow next door. What I could see was that we have at least 4 walls on the main floor! I'm going to see if there are some cheap hardhats at a local store, Marks Work Wearhouse at lunch tomorrow or House of Tools. If there are, I'll be stopping by the house again and this time taking pictures.

You're probably wondering, Hardhat? When we signed the papers for the house, part of the building contract was that we need to wear hardhats when visiting the house. Now that it's past the point where the only thing that could fall from above is bird poo, it's time that we need the hardhats. Don't really want to pay a fine. Anyway, I don't really want to drive all the way over to the show homes to borrow hardhats when I stop by so I figure, doesn't hurt to get one of my own. Heck, may need it again one day right? Another house, or given my woodworking and construction background, maybe I'll end up working for a construction company in the future? Guess this is just the way I am, avoid the extra work and human contact. Guess that's why I'm a computer geek and like working in my workshop.

No comments: