Saturday, January 20, 2007

We have a foundation, probably still on schedule

We have a foundation! Jenn, Lucas and I went by and took pictures of the house today. Almost all of the forms are off and the workers were there removing the rest of them. We're almost back on schedule. The backfilling was supposed to be on the 19th, this past friday, and that's not done yet but I don't think there's anything that would keep them from starting to frame on the 24 or 25th as they said. Honestly I'd rather that they get the first floor on before backfilling anyway as it ass stability to the walls when the backfilling is done. It's not uncommon for a back fill to be done too aggressively and cause one of the basement walls to cave in, though with the last couple days being nice and mild I'm sure the concrete is setting up well.

Here's a few shots from last Tuesday with just Jenn and Lucas and then today.
First Tuesday's shot:
Tuesday's shot, still setting up forms

and from today:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well its getting there :)

Anonymous said...

New construction is amazing! I'm sure it's an illusion of sorts but when there's just a foundation, houses under construction always seem to look smaller than they actually are. I remember visiting Mom and Brian's home during construction and thinking to myself "hmmm, it seems tinier than I imagined".

Even once the framing is up I still had trouble getting a true sense of the space but then magically when drywall starts to go in and you're no longer able to look through the walls into the next room, then you can picture the rooms with your furniture in them and marvel at how much liveable space there will be!

I can't wait to see more pictures...keep them coming!

Lori