Friday, January 12, 2007

At a Stand Still

As Jenn suggested in the last post, it's really really cold in Calgary right now. I went by the house yesterday and there was a little progress between Saturday and today. The footings are poured and some of the foundation wall forms are up. Looking around in the light snow on the ground, there wasn't any work done during the day yesterday. Too cold to put up forms I guess, but I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to be more than a few minutes outside in this. It is a little disappointing, but it's only the weather that we can blame. Honestly, I'm happy their taking a break from the cold because I would have had a fit if I found them pouring concrete in this weather.

The forecast says we're looking at warmer weather on the weekend and into next week so I imagine they'll get back to work on Monday. Given that the framing isn't scheduled until the 24th or 25th, my guess is we're still on schedule as long as the zero degree+ weather holds for 3 or 4 days into next week to get the rest of the forms up and the walls poured. A couple days for curing and form removal and maybe we're good to go. Though I'm not sure about the backfill on the 19th, that might have to wait until the following week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for warmer weather for you